An 11-month-old infant girl has died from injuries she suffered after being burned from hot soup Saturday.
A woman was cooking soup on the stove of a first-floor unit of multifamily home on George Street Saturday night, police said. The soup was boiling when it somehow fell onto the young infant, police said.
The child suffered burns on up to 30 percent of her body and was rushed Children's Medical Center, police said. She had serious burns on her face, chest, upper arms, scalp, upper back and inner left leg, police said.
The child was transferred to Shriner's Hospital for Children in Boston where she died from her injuries on Monday.
The child was buried Friday, family members said.
The incident remains under investigation by Hartford police. No charges have been filed at this time.
Check back with Eyewitness News for updates on this breaking news story.
Copyright 2012 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.