Here is a list of evacuations that have been issued for Connecticut residents in advance of Sandy.
- Branford: (MANDATORY) All coastal areas and low-lying areas
- Bridgeport: (MANDATORY) Southern Broad Street- East to the Harbor; Seaside Village; Marina Village; Bostwick Avenue at Osborne to the south including, Morris and Anthony Streets; Lower areas of Ferris Street, Arthur Street, Yacht Street, Brewseter Street; Black Rock Yacht Club Area, southeast to Grovers Avenue; West of Dewey Street - between Edgewood and Salt Street; South Avenue; Atlantic Street near Broad and Main; Whitney Street; South of Wordin Avenue - Washburn Street and Howard Avenue south of Wordin Avenue; Cottage Place; Henry Street; Ridge Avenue; Gregory Street - South Lower end of Iranistan Avenue to Columbia Street; Walnut Street; Atlantic Street near Iranistan Avenue; Anchorage Avenue; Pine Street; Newfield Avenue - Streets to the southeast of Newfield including Jefferson, Trowel, Adams and DeForest DeKalb and Seaview Avenues
- Unversity of Bridgeport: (MANDATORY) All North/South Hall and off-campus in the immediate vicinity will be taken to area shelters (Cesar Batalla Elementary School and Sacred Heart University)
- Darien: (VOLUNTARY) Areas near the river and water in general
- East Haven: (MANDATORY) Areas within two blocks of the shore, there is a mandatory evacuation and residents must take it seriously.
- East Lyme: (MANDATORY) All residences within 200 feet of any tidal body of water mus tbe evacuated no later than 11 a.m. on Monday
- Fairfield: (MANDATORY) Areas along the beach need to leave by noon Sunday
- Groton: (MANDATORY) Mumford Cove, Esker Point, Marsh Road, Noble Ave, Morgan Point, Riverview Ave, Front St., Latham Lane, Bayside Ave., Elm St., South of Fishtown Rd., Tryon Ave., Center St., Cedar Drive, Willow Point, Fort Rachel Place, Gravel St., Pearl St., Grove St., Eldridge Ave, River Rd.,Rte 27, No. Stonington Rd., The entire East side of Midway Oval Ring Drive, East of Meryl Court, South Road, Tower Ave, Thomas Road, High Rock Road, Cranston Drive, Hyrock Terrace, High Rock Mobile Home Park.
- Madison: (MANDATORY) low lying areas
- Old Lyme: (MANDATORY) All areas south of Route 156, including all flood zone areas
- Old Saybrook: (MANDATORY) All homes and businesses south of I-95, homes and businesses in other low lying areas and those homes and businesses near the Connecticut River. Click the following link for updates on evacuations.
- New Haven: (VOLUNTARY) for low lying areas
- New London: (MANDATORY) Admiral Dr., Chapel Dr., Elliot Ave., Elm St. (Between Lincoln and Garfield), Glenwood Ave. to intersection of Lower Blvd., Guthrie Pl., Hamilton St., Ledyard St., Lincoln Ave., Lower Ocean Ave. (from Jerome to Ocean Beach), Lower Montauk Ave. (from Lower Blvd. to end of Montauk), Lower Blvd., Mott Ave., Mott Ct., Neptune Ave., Neptune Ct., Parkway South, Pequot Ave. (Water side), Quinnepeag Ave., Requinn St., Rocbourne Ln., Rodgers St., Stuart Ave. Non-essential city personnel have been ordered to not come into work on Monday and Tuesday.
- Stamford: (MANDATORY) State of emergency has been declared in the city and mandatory evacuations have been issued for "areas that are most vulnerable to flooding."
- Stonington: (MANDATORY) Mandatory evacuations have been issued for low lying areas, Lord's Point, Masons Island and Enders Island.
- Westport: (VOLUNTARY) Low-lying, flood prone areas
Here is a list of emergency shelters that have been set up for residents being displaced by Hurricane Sandy.
- Branford: Branford High School, East Main Street; Mary Murphy School, Brushy Plain Road
- Bridgeport: Jettie Tisdale, Hollister Avenue; Geraldine Johnson School, Lexington Avenue; Cesar Batalla School, Howard Avenue
- Colchester: Bacon Academy (opens at 8 a.m.)
- Danbury: Will open special needs shelter at 5 p.m..
- East Haven: East Haven High School, Wheelbarrow Lane
- Fairfield: Ludlowe High School, Unquowa Road
- Groton: Fitch High School
- Guilford: Guilford Community Center, Church Street
- Hartford: Pope Park Recreation Center, Pope Park Drive; Parker Memorial Center, Main Street
- Middletown: Middletown High School, LaRosa Lane (Opens at noon on Monday)
- Milford: Jonathan Law High School
- New London: Winthrop School
- New Haven: Career High School,
- Old Lyme: East Lyme Middle School, Society Road
- Old Saybrook: Old Saybrook Senior High School on Boston Post Road.
- Stonington: Stonington High School
- Westport: Long Lots Elementary School, Hyde Lane
This list will be updated at more information is received. For information on shelter, residents can call 2-1-1.
Copyright 2012 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.