Students at Broad Brook Elementary School in East Windsor were dismissed early Thursday after smelling gas was reported there for a second day.
School employees said they began to smell gas inside the building, which was then immediately evacuated.
On Wednesday, school officials said there was a gas leak, which also caused an evacuation.
An employee from Yankee gas was called to the school Thursday where they investigated the modular classrooms and the building itself. However, there was no indication of a gas leak.
The school's maintenance department will be checking the school building and conducting a meter reading on Friday morning before school starts.
Students were brought to the high school, at which time parents were notified and students were dismissed.
Classes will be held at normal time on Friday.
Copyright 2012 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.