The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office confirmed to Fox 12 they have new leads in the disappearance of Kyron Horman.
The revelation comes at the same time it was ruled a lawsuit filed by Kyron Horman's mother against Terri Horman will be put on hold until Aug. 1, 2013.
Desiree Young's attorney filed a motion to abate the civil proceedings Monday, and on Wednesday Judge Henry Kantor approved it, putting the case on hold for nine months.
Kantor's ruling said he approved the motion to abate on the ground that "allowing the case to proceed could impact an ongoing criminal investigation."
You can view the signed motion to abate the civil case by following this link.
Terri Horman's attorney had earlier tried to delay the lawsuit from going forward, but that request was denied.
SLIDESHOW: High-profile missing children's cases
The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday the new developments in their investigation stem at least in part from details gathered in the early days of the investigation.
Investigators believe the new leads and further development of old leads could present progress in the case. Kyron has been missing since June 4, 2010.
Kantor ordered the motion to abate the civil case be sealed. Court documents show that decision was "for the reason that a related criminal investigation is still being conducted."
"Premature disclosure of the information contained in these documents could jeopardize that ongoing investigation," said the documents, submitted by Multnomah County District Attorney Michael Schrunk.
They went on to say sealing them will "preserve the integrity of the investigation and will promote the safety of the witnesses involved."
The lawsuit was filed by Young against Kyron's stepmother in June 2012. Police said Terri Horman was the last person to see Kyron, but no arrests have ever been made in the case.
Young's lawsuit accused Terri Horman of taking or hurting the boy.
Copyright 2012 KPTV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.