Small fire prompts evacuation of Valley AJ's store - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Small fire prompts evacuation of Valley AJ's store

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Scottsdale Fire Department) Light fixture that caught fire. (Source: Scottsdale Fire Department) Light fixture that caught fire.
SCOTTSDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

A quick-thinking employee appears to have saved the day and prevented a major fire at a Scottsdale grocery store.

Fire crews were called to an AJ's store on Via Linda Road near 101st Street early Sunday morning.

A light fixture had caught fire but an employee grabbed a fire extinguisher and put the blaze out.

The store was evacuated while firefighters made sure the fire didn't spread.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2012 CBS 5 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow
Eyewitness News 3
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WFSB; Hartford, CT. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.