House fire in East Windsor contained by firefighters - WFSB 3 Connecticut

House fire in East Windsor contained by firefighters

Posted: Updated:
EAST WINDSOR, CT (WFSB) -

East Windsor fire crews contained a fire that engulfed a home in the Warehouse Point section of town Wednesday.

Firefighters were called to a house fire at 336 Scantic Rd. around 10:45 a.m. Officials said the fire spread quickly, but firefighters were able to put it out in rapid fashion.

The homeowner Jim Carter, who is a legally blind senior citizen, got out of his home safely, and told Eyewitness News that he was trying to light a fire in his fireplace.

Carter said he tried pouring what he thought was a little kerosene on it to get it started, but it was gasoline, and created a bigger fire in his home.

Copyright 2012 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Eyewitness News 3
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WFSB; Hartford, CT. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.