The fire department battled a fire in the snow Saturday night.
Crews responded to a fire at 244 Sumner Ave.
Dennis Leger, aide to Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, told CBS 3 that a pipe in the kitchen overheated.
The wood was very dry and the wiring caught fire.
Leger said it is not common to see that happen and the people who live on the premises were lucky that it took place before they went to sleep.
The house suffered approximately $15,000 in damage.
There were no injuries to firefighters or residents.
The people who live on the property will be able to stay in the building.
Copyright 2012 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
A beautiful EasterMore >