A nighttime fire in a Tucson swimming pool is being called an accident.
Fire Capt. Barrett Baker says eight units and 21 firefighters responded to the fire in the boiler room of a building at the Terra Del Sol pool Wednesday evening.
According to Baker, the fire started in the boiler room due to combustible material being too close to the pool heater.
He says the boiler room was used to store tents, pool covers and tables.
Baker says firefighters were concerned about the possibility of chlorine gas because of the fire's location but that it was determined that chlorine for the pool was kept in another room.
So far there's no estimate on the cost of damage.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved.