Fire shuts down McDonald's in Holyoke - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Fire shuts down McDonald's in Holyoke


A fire Saturday morning has closed down the McDonald's located at 285 Maple St.

Firefighters got the call at 7:40 a.m.

Lt. Thomas Paquin told CBS 3 that when crews arrived, fire was showing in the kitchen hood system.

Paquin said the fire was ruled accidental, as grease in the ductwork was the cause.

The restaurant suffered significant damage and will need a whole new roof.

Paquin said employees did a good job of evacuating customers and staff to prevent any injuries.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.