A Mesa mom and her 3-year-old son suffered burns after she tripped and the pot of hot grease she was carrying spilled on them both.
The pair, who were not identified, suffered second and third-degree burns and were rushed to the Maricopa County Burn center.
The woman had taken the pot off the stove after she noticed a small fire erupting in the grease.
As she was carrying the pot outside, she tripped over the child. The hot grease, no longer on fire, splashed on both of them.
A fire crew stayed on scene near Gilbert and Broadway to disperse absorbent on the family's slippery entrance way.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.