Running car fills Scottsdale condo with carbon monoxide - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Running car fills Scottsdale condo with carbon monoxide


Scottsdale hazmat crews were called to the same condominium in less than a week to respond to potentially fatal situations.

A city fire department official said about 15 firefighters and Scottsdale police officers went to a home near 70th Street and Shea Boulevard about 5 a.m. after a girl left the family car running in the garage overnight, filling the condo with carbon monoxide fumes.

Crews had to ventilate the structure and monitored adjacent units, the official said. No evacuations were necessary, but the daughter and her mother were treated for exposure to the colorless and odorless gas before being taken to a nearby hospital.

Two days prior, a hazmat crew was needed after the daughter left a stove on all night, the official said.

No other information was immediately available.

Stay with and CBS 5 News as this story develops.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.