More charges may be filed against man accused of voyeurism - WFSB 3 Connecticut

More charges may be filed against man accused of voyeurism

©  Darrel Lewis (Photo provided by the East Hartford Police Department) © Darrel Lewis (Photo provided by the East Hartford Police Department)

Eyewitness News has learned that an East Hartford man, who was arrested for using a hidden camera to record women in bathrooms, is facing new charges.

Darrel Lewis, 32, who was arrested on voyeurism charges, appeared in Manchester Superior Court Tuesday.

According to police, a woman noticed a flip camera in the women's bathroom at Hydro Horning Laboratories on Dec. 27. Police said the camera was recording what was happening in the room.

Lewis admitted to investigators that he was secretly videotaping dozens of women, including at least one as young as 11 years old, in bathrooms at various locations such as the Faith Family Church in Glastonbury where he attended over the past few years.

In court Tuesday, prosecutors said Lewis is seen in videos rubbing his genital area against two different fellow female worshippers.

"The state's indicated more warrants are coming," said Lewis' attorney James Sulick. "The family is aware of that."

Lewis' mother and sister did not want to speak to Eyewitness News after court. 

However, one of Lewis' alleged victims told Eyewitness News that the confiscated videos from the Faith Family Church have revealed recordings of almost three dozen ladies and girls in bathrooms and other places.

"He was always at church," said the church parishioner, who wished to remain anonymous.

The parishioner also said that Lewis served as the church's audio and visual guy for three years and that he was an "unassuming person."

The parishioner said she wants to know why no one noticed Lewis consistently slipping into the ladies room.

Officials at the Faith Family Church did not return calls from Eyewitness News.

According to Sulick, Lewis' family has continued to pay for his health insurance "under the hope that if he was able to make bond, he would begin with appropriate counseling and therapy."

However, the judge kept Lewis' bond at $250,000. He is expected to appear in court again on Feb. 1.

Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.