A woman whose body was found inside a Southington home Wednesday afternoon died of natural causes, according to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
According to police, the bodies of a man and a woman were discovered in a home on Cedar Street after a wellness check. Police said someone was trying to make a delivery and couldn't make contact with anyone inside.
When officers arrived, they found the front door locked and called the Southington Fire Department to help them get the door open. Inside, police said they found two people dead.
Neighbors, who noticed a lot of newspapers starting to pile up outside the home, think the bodies have been there for days or even weeks.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said more tests will have to be performed before the cause of death for the man can be determined.
Police said they do not believe that a crime was committed at the home and the man and the woman are not victims of a homicide.
No elevated levels of carbon monoxide or other dangerous gas were found in the home, police said.
Property records show the home is owned by a William Gillan Jr., who neighbors said had been laid off from The Hartford this past summer and now spent his days taking care of his mother, who suffered from dementia. He also had mobility issues himself and walked with a cane, according to neighbors.
However, police would not release the names of the man and the woman, until an official identification is made by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Wednesday, July 23 2014 7:06 AM EDT2014-07-23 11:06:51 GMT
In the quest for work-life balance, many of us think work is tipping the scale. People work all the time especially now that we're connected all the time with our blackberry or iPhone keeping us on callMore >
In the quest for work-life balance, many of us think work is tipping the scale.More >