Goodrich Quality Theaters announced plans to break ground in mid-April of 2013 for a new 10-screen theater in Saginaw that will replace the longstanding Saginaw Quad.
Currently, Goodrich owns and operates the Saginaw 12 theater located at the intersection of Bay Rd. and Tittabawassee, and was originally built as a four-screen theater in 1974, named The Quad.
The new 50,000 sq. foot multiplex will be built adjacent to the current theater. Paradigm Design and Wolgast Corporation are contracted for the new $12 million dollar theater project. Once the new 10-plex opens by Christmas 2013, the old Saginaw 12 building will be demolished.
Management and current employees will transfer to the new theater.
Goodrich will debut their first cutting-edge large format auditorium, "GDX" for Giant Digital Xperience. This premium theater experience will feature a giant a screen over 70-feet wide with floor-to-ceiling viewing. The GDX screen will be the largest screen and auditorium north of Flint. The new theater will continue to offer all digital projection and 3D, but also offer the latest technology and amenities to include:
• Dolby Atmos 12.1 sound in the GDX auditorium that features over 400 seats
• D-BOX auditorium featuring motion effects seats
• State of the art viewing with wall to wall screens
• All stadium seating for up to 2,500 guests with premium high back seating
• Spacious lobby with massive box office and concession stand with self-serve drink refill stations
• Self-serve ticket counters
• Advanced theater architecture
• Private party and meeting rooms
"We are thrilled that we can build a brand new theater in Saginaw," sayid Martin Betz, Chief Operating Officer of Goodrich Quality Theaters. "This is where our company got off the ground to expand to other cities. The Quad is where I started my career and it will always have a special place in my heart and many others here at Goodrich Quality Theaters."
Betz continued, "We can't wait to bring this exciting new theater that so many area residents have been waiting for."
Copyright 2013 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.