2 dead in Springfield after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning - WFSB 3 Connecticut

2 dead in Springfield after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Updated:
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

Two men are dead, and one woman is in the hospital, from what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning.

Dennis Leger, aide to Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, told CBS 3 that crews were called to 6 Corcoran Blvd. at 7:15 p.m.  for reports of a gas leak.

Leger said when they arrived, two men were down on the ground in front of the house.

One was dead on arrival.

The other was taken to Baystate Medical Center, but was later pronounced dead.

Leger said it appears a gas generator was running inside the house.

The gas levels recorded by the department's meter were so high, they were literally off the chart.

Leger added that CO detectors were functioning in the house.

The Springfield Police Department is now handling the scene.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Eyewitness News 3
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WFSB; Hartford, CT. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.