A kitchen fire on Canon Circle caused around $30,000 in damage, according to Springfield fire officials.
Officials tell CBS 3 a woman was cooking on the stove when she lost power. The woman left and when she returned home she smelled smoke and called for help.
Police responded first and an officer was able to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher.
Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
The 2014 Cannabis Cup marks a first, held in a city where recreational pot sales are legal, and the crowds flocked to see it.More >