For more on Heather Pierce click here!
Quinoa Fried "Rice"
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 shallot, sliced
1 cup baby spinach
1 cup broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup shaved carrots
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup cooked quinoa
2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
a few sprinkles of gomasio (optional)
1. Cook quinoa (or make a big batch ahead of time - I will be bringing pre-cooked)
2. Meanwhile, sauté shallot 1 tbsp of oil, until soft, about 2 minutes.
3. Add veggies and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Remove veggies from pan and place on a plate.
4. Add remaining tbsp of oil to the pan and scramble the eggs. Break up the scrambled eggs with a fork into small pieces.
5. Add the cooked vegetables and cooked quinoa into the pan on top of the eggs.
Add tamari to the pan, stir, and serve topped with gomasio or sesame seeds.