Three people got sick from an unknown substance at a home in Ellington.
According to authorities, a carpenter lives at a residence on Middle Butcher Road and collects hundreds of antique bottles.
Some of the bottles contain varnish as well as other solvents.
Authorities said one of the bottles must have fallen and a substance spilled.
The man's wife, who suffers from pituitary gland failure, went to clean up the spill and got sick as well as her 21-year-old son and a friend, who were also home at the time.
All of the people were evaluated at the scene and everyone seems fine, authorities said.
Authorities have not released what type of substance was involved in the hazmat situation.
Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Texas woman is suing Facebook over a fake profile.