For close to an hour Saturday evening, residents were evacuated due to a building filled with natural gas.
The West Springfield Fire Department told CBS 3 that it was a business located at 625 Union St.
Around 9:30 p.m. officials gave the "all clear" and allowed the residents to return to their homes.
The residents that were evacuated lived on Union, as well as George Street.
Officials said it appears no damage was done due to the leak.
As of 12 a.m. Sunday, the fire department said officials were still at the scene trying to figure out the cause of the leak.
Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.