Firefighters responded to a fire on the rooftop of the Nathan Hale Magnet Elementary School in New London.
The school is currently under construction for renovations. No students were in the building.
The fire was knocked down shortly after it was discovered. Construction workers put the fire out. Firefighters inspected to make sure that the fire did not spread through the insulation.
No one was injured and there was minimal damage to the building.
Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.