An early morning fire displaced three people and caused anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 in damage.
The fire happened around 4 a.m. Saturday morning at a house on Massachusetts Avenue.
Dennis Leger, aide to Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, told CBS 3 that it could have been worse as the house did not have smoke detectors.
He said a dog woke up one of the residents, who then smelled smoke.
The resident looked outside and saw wires on a pole sparking.
Leger said that led to a fire inside the walls of the house.
Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
They told CBS 3 that 39-year-old Israel Lopez had assaulted his girlfriend, then returned to the scene at Morgan Street Apartments a short time later with what appeared to be a shotgun.More >
The apartment complex at 71 Adams Street, which is part of the Cross Town Corners properties, was back open for business.More >