The Willimantic Fire Department said it was called to a local school to investigate an odor of gas.
Fire officials were called to Windham Tech before 11 a.m. after the odor was noticed. After noticing it, the decision to evacuate students and staff was made.
Fire officials investigated and a valve was left on/open inside of a shop class.
Fire department ventilated the school, however students were not let out early.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.