A Glendale firefighter was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure, and four adults were displaced after a fire at a community placement home Wednesday morning.
A neighbor called in the fire shortly about 6:15 a.m., said Mike Young of the Glendale Fire Department.
The house near Glendale Avenue and Camelback Road was fully involved, Young said. The roof partially collapsed while firefighters battled from the outside.
The firefighter suffered from heat-related issues, Young said, but was later released and expected to fully recover.
A Glendale Fire Department spokesman said the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction within the stove range hood and traveled rapidly up the wall into the attic.
The single-story house was used the community placement home for Southwest Behavior Center, where the four adults lived.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.