The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection Hazmat team was called to Fulton Park in Waterbury after vapors began to leak from a drum containing pool chemicals.
The 15-gallon drum was inside a small storage shed and was secure and tight, and official said the leak could have been caused by high heat and humidity.
An environmental contractor was called in to dispose of the drum.
Half of the park has been blocked off so crews could continue to investigate, however there is no danger to anyone in the are and no evacuations have been ordered.
Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.