A judge at Bristol Superior Court unsealed three of the four search warrant affidavits that were executed in Connecticut shortly after Odin Lloyd's murder and authorities returned to one of Aaron Hernandez's relative's home, which they had previously searched.
Eyewitness News cameras were rolling when Massachusetts and Bristol police were leaving the home of Hernandez's uncle on Lake Avenue late Wednesday afternoon.
The unsealed warrants revealed new details about the murder investigation involving Lloyd and items that back to Ernest Wallace and Carlos Ortiz.
Investigators found the following items that link Ortiz and Wallace back to the Lake Avenue home:
a bill belonging to Wallace
Paperwork from the Connecticut Department of Corrections involving Wallace
Connecticut prison identification card of Ortiz
A letter addressed to Wallace from a cousin of Hernandez who lives at the Lake Avenue home
Six pieces of paper with names and numbers on them
Two 50-round boxes of ammunition with three rounds missing
According to the search warrant on an apartment Ortiz told police he lived at, authorities found nothing.
Eyewitness News learned more about the night in question from these same documents.
Ortiz reportedly told investigators he and Wallace went back to the Lake Avenue home one day after the murder.
Wallace was driving that Chrysler 300 rented by Hernandez and the court documents stated what was said during the drive.
"Mr. Ortiz stated that Mr. Wallace told him that Mr. Hernandez admitted to shooting Mr. Lloyd," according to court documents
Documents indicated Ortiz heard the gunfire on the night of the murder of Lloyd. Only Wallace and Hernandez got back in the car and not Lloyd.
The three men returned to Hernandez's mansion, not far from the crime scene.
Ortiz told police "he was exiting the vehicle, Hernandez asked him to take possession of the small gun that was located under the rear of the driver's seat of the car," according to court documents.
A silver SUV with Rhode Island plates matching the description of a car used in a double homicide in Boston last year was previously taken from the home.
The fourth warrant will remain sealed through October. That is because according to this letter from the first assistant district attorney in Suffolk County, MA, it contains sensitive information regarding an unsolved double murder investigation in Boston.
Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Friday, July 18 2014 3:26 PM EDT2014-07-18 19:26:33 GMT
It's been an extremely difficult day for family and friends as well as officers. So many people were crying, upset as the body of 5-year-old Janaya Thompson was removed from an abandoned trailer.More >
It's been an extremely difficult day for family and friends as well as officers. So many people were crying, upset as the body of 5-year-old Janaya Thompson was removed from an abandoned trailer. Coroner Gary Hargrove said Janaya's body was found in a bathroom.More >