Fire crews from Derby and Ansonia responded to Griffin Hospital on Tuesday morning on report of a smoke condition in the building.
The fire chief said the issue was minor and they were able to clear the building a short time later.
No patients or staff were evacuated during the incident.
"A small electric supply motor for an air handling unit in the MRI area overheated," said Griffin Hospital officials. "From all indications, there was only smoke and odor generated from this incident."
Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.