A unattended hair dryer is to blame for an early evening fire on Boyer Street in Springfield today.
Fire officials said the hair dryer was left running to heat up on a chair, and that's when it caught fire in a second-floor bedroom.
There is about $10,000 in damage. The four occupants decided to stay living in the home despite water and smoke damage.
Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
A city-owned car that is issued to Mayor Alex Morse was involved in a drunken driving arrest just after midnight on Saturday.More >
Police were called to the rotary on their side of the Memorial Bridge for a car crash on Saturday afternoon.More >
The Northampton Airport hosted its second annual Fly it Forward event on Saturday, which promotes aviation to women.More >
CBS 3 media partner Mass Live and The Republican reported that the high speed chase started just before 12:30 a.m. on Interstate 291.More >
Four city residents are without a home Saturday night following a fire at their duplex on Ashley Avenue.More >