Firefighters were called to a fire on Bray Park Drive just after 3 p.m. on Sunday.
Lt. Thomas Paquin of the Holyoke Fire Department told CBS 3 that the fire began from cooking on the stove.
There is extensive damage to the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the home.
Paquin said the three people who live in the home will stay with relatives for the time being.
Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
If you’re interested in America’s hottest new burial trend, you should start planning now. Even if you’re not, you should plan ahead, said a spokesman for the National Funeral Directors Association. Green burials, which the burial site is as natural as possible and limit pollution, now constitute about 2 percent of funerals in the U.S.More >