Update: Third threat at Strongsville High, school open - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Update: Third threat at Strongsville High, school open with police presence

Posted: Updated:
STRONGSVILLE, OH (WOIO) -

Police say a third threat was found at Strongsville High School. Extra Police officers will be at the school today, in the wake of threatening messages found this week. The school will remain open.

The first threat happened on Monday Sept. 30, and closed the school. The word "bomb" was written in graffiti on the front of the school building. 

Then on Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at approximately 2 p.m., the Strongsville Police Department was notified by Strongsville High School officials that they had discovered menacing graffiti written on a bathroom stall in the ladies bathroom.

And now a third threat, but there is no information yet on what it said or where it was located. 

An investigation into the matter was conducted by school officials and the police department's School Resource Officer, who had been present at time of the graffiti discovery.

At this point there is no credible information to warrant any validation of the threat. Chief Jim Kobak says the police department will continue investigating the matter.

Copyright 2013 WOIO. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Eyewitness News 3
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WFSB; Hartford, CT. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.