Mayor Karl Dean is hosting a free, eight-week training program at five regional community centers and the Centennial Sportsplex.
Participants who complete the training will get a free Mayor's Challenge 5K T-shirt.
Details and registration can be found here.
Mayor Dean will also participate intraining sessions at the following times and locations:
· Saturday,Oct. 5, 9 a.m., McCabe Community Center
· Friday,Oct. 11, 9 a.m., East Park Community Center
· Monday,Oct. 14, 6 p.m., Coleman Park Community Center
· Wednesday,Oct. 23, 9 a.m., Hadley Park Community Center
· Thursday,Nov. 7, 5:30 p.m., Centennial Sportsplex
The Mayor's 5K will includea kids' fun run. Both events are free and will take place on Sunday, Nov. 17 indowntown Nashville.
The Mayor's Challenge 5K has drawn more than 5,000 participants to celebrate active, healthy living.
Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
The Islamic State militant group released a video Tuesday that it claimed shows the beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff.