A Philadelphia first-grader is recovering after being burned by, of all things, his school lunch. And now his parents are looking for answers surrounding the incident.
7-year-old Ja-Kaye Robinson was attempting to open the turkey meat served to him to put on his nachos lunch on Friday.
According to WTFX, while attempting to open the package, Robinson was sprayed with the hot meal on his face, causing second degree burns, according to doctor's at the Einstein Hospital emergency room, where Robinson was treated.
Robinson's parents are looking for several answers from the school, including why the young boy was served such hot meal and where the school nurse was.
School officials said Robinson was brought to the principal's office to be treated after the incident.
According to Robinson's parents, the school nurse is only at the school once a week and was not on duty that day.
School officials said they are still looking into the temperature of the food being served to the children.
Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Wednesday, August 27 2014 2:48 AM EDT2014-08-27 06:48:05 GMT
Utah authorities have arrested a 23-year-old woman who they say dumped her newborn baby in a neighbor's trash can.More >
A Utah woman accused of dumping her day-old baby in a neighbor's trash can told police she was afraid to tell her parents about the pregnancy and hoped the newborn's death would solve her problems, a probable cause...More >