Fire causes damage to Deep River home - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Fire causes damage to Deep River home

Posted: Updated:
DEEP RIVER, CT (WFSB) -

An early morning fire has caused some minor damage to a Deep River home.

The fire chief tells Eyewitness News the call came in around 1 a.m. for a fire that had started in the chimney of a Maple Avenue home.

When crews arrived on the scene, they found the fire had spread into the attic of the home.

Firefighters were able to quickly stop the fire from spreading any further.

Officials said the homeowner was assisted by the fire department in getting out of his home safely.

Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Eyewitness News 3
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WFSB; Hartford, CT. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.