An early morning fire has caused some minor damage to a Deep River home.
The fire chief tells Eyewitness News the call came in around 1 a.m. for a fire that had started in the chimney of a Maple Avenue home.
When crews arrived on the scene, they found the fire had spread into the attic of the home.
Firefighters were able to quickly stop the fire from spreading any further.
Officials said the homeowner was assisted by the fire department in getting out of his home safely.
Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.