Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
LONDON, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Growing Device Ownership will Drive Volumes and Revenue
This research service provides an in-depth analysis of the Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of World (ROW) semiconductors market in next generation mobile computing. Segments are divided by mobile device and mobile infrastructure. APAC and ROW are the global hotspots for semiconductor growth, especially from the mobile computing segment. APAC/Row includes China, Japan, India, Korea, and Singapore, as well as emerging regions such as Australia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa, and countries in the Middle-East. Discussions cover drivers, restraints, and challenges that affect the APAC/ROW market. Also, included is a revenue forecast analysis from 2009 to 2019 for the APAC/ROW regions.
• Asia-Pacific (APAC) and the Rest of World (ROW) are the global hotspots for semiconductor growth, especially from the mobile computing segment. Asia is estimated to hold more than X% of the global mobile subscription revenue share as of 2012.
• The countries which have been considered as part of this geographic scope are Asian countries such as China, Japan, India, Korea, and Singapore, as well as emerging regions such as Australia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa, and countries in the Middle-East.
• The key drivers for semiconductor revenue growth will be high levels of device penetration and development and the rollout of communication infrastructure.
1. Explosive growth of feature and smartphones will drive semiconductors worldwide through the forecast period.
2. Device penetration has saturated developed geographies such as North America and Europe, which results in slow growth.
3. APAC and ROW are the hotspots for semiconductor growth in the mobile computing segment.
4. WCDMA/HSPA and LTE will dominate the global mobile subscriptions by 2018.
5. LTE technology will form the basis for future 4G postpaid subscriptions; however, WiMAX still stands a fair chance with 4G prepaid subscriptions.
For the scope of this study, semiconductors in next generation mobile computing are tracked by the following segments:
• Mobile device segment
oMobile feature phones and smartphones
• Mobile infrastructure segment
oGlobal system for mobile communication/enhanced data rate for global evolution (GSM/EDGE)
oCode division multiple access (CDMA)
oTime division-synchronous code division multiple access (TD-SCDMA)
oWideband code division multiple access/high speed packet access (WCDMA/HSPA)
oLong term evolution (LTE) The semiconductors tracked in each of the above segments include the following sub-segments:
• Digital signal processors (DSP)
• Mobile radio frequency (RF): components such as switches, power amplifiers, transceivers, and filters
• Wireless semiconductors: including Wi-Fi, WiMAX, WiGiG
• Flash memory
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What is the current market scenario? Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
In what stage is this market? Will these products continue to be in demand, or will they be replaced by other lower-end products?
How will the structure of the market change over time? Is the market ripe for acquisitions?
Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development necessary?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. APAC and ROW Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
4. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of Asia-Pacific and Rest of World Semiconductors Market in Next Generation Mobile Computing
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.