Get more information on Ana Zeller at her website: Practical Nutrition!
Chocolate Hemp Energy Bites:
• 1 cup almond butter (or other nut butter)
• 10 pitted dates
• 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
• 1/2 cup hemp seeds
• 2 T cacao or cocoa powder
• 2T coconut oil
1. Soak dates in water for 10 minutes. Then add the dates
to your food processor with your peanut butter and blend
2. Add in coconut flakes, hemp seeds, cacao powder and
coconut oil and process until everything is blended.
3. Form into small balls. If they are too soft stick them in
the freezer for 10-20 minutes. Roll in extra hemp seeds for
** Add cinnamon, dried fruit (like mango), or sunflower
seed butter to vary the taste and nutrition of your hemp
bites! Adding protein powder is an easy way to increase
Consider boosting the nutrition of your "everyday food" by
adding hemp seeds to hummus, into salad dressings,
pasta sauces, in salsa, on top of yogurt or granola, and in
smoothies for a creamy consistency!