Holyoke businesses evacuated due to gas leak - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Holyoke businesses evacuated due to gas leak

Posted: Updated:

A gas leak sent dozens of workers into the pouring rain in Holyoke Monday morning.

The fire department said just before 11 a.m. a fork lift operator at University Products accidentally hit a gas line in the building.

Workers went outside as a precaution. The supply line was shut off. 

A little more than half an hour later, everyone was allowed to go back into the building.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Eyewitness News 3
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WFSB; Hartford, CT. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.