A Phoenix Fire Department hazmat crew found no chlorine leak after an alarm was activated at a water treatment plant Thursday morning.
The alarm went off shortly after 7 a.m. and water treatment personnel told firefighters a small reading of chlorine was detected in a contained building, said Phoenix Fire Capt. Ruben Saavedra.
The hazmat team needed some time to suit up before entering the plant at 91st Avenue and Broadway Road in Phoenix and additional hazmat crews were called in, inspected the building and determined there was no leak, Saavedra said.
Copyright 2014 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
Sunday, August 31 2014 3:28 PM EDT2014-08-31 19:28:29 GMT
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online.More >
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online. Friends and family of a Pascagoula kindergarten student have created a Facebook page and GoFundMe.com account claiming the girl was attacked on the playground this week by another student.More >