An "equipment malfunction" caused officials to evacuate Wethersfield High School Friday morning after a strange odor was discovered in the building.
Police said alarms went off inside the school before 7:30 a.m., and crews arrived at the school to investigate where the odor was coming from.
Students were allowed back into the building around 8:30 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
Crews determined that the odor was associated with "a motor malfunction" in a roof-top air handling unit near the technical education classrooms.
There was no damage to the air handling unit, fire officials said.
Fire officials said the malfunction was not connected to the current renovation or construction activity.
Copyright 2014 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.