Groton school evacuated due to odor - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Groton school evacuated due to odor

Posted: Updated:
The Catherine Kolnaski School in Groton was evacuated Thursday morning because of a gas odor. The Catherine Kolnaski School in Groton was evacuated Thursday morning because of a gas odor.
GROTON, CT (WFSB) -

An elementary school in Groton was evacuated Thursday morning because of a gas odor.

When firefighters arrived, they said they found smoke caused by an electrical malfunction in the basement of the Catherine Kolnaski School on Poquonnock Road.

They said the problem happened as students arrived to school after a 90-minute delay. The delay was due to icy road conditions.

The children were allowed back in after the building was deemed safe, fire officials said.

No one was sickened or hurt from by the incident.

Copyright 2014 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Eyewitness News 3
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WFSB; Hartford, CT. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.