Garage fire displaces Murfreesboro family - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Garage fire displaces Murfreesboro family

Posted: Updated:

A garage fire forced a Murfreesboro family from their home Friday night.

The blaze broke out at a home on Hawk Ridge Drive.

Firefighters contained the flames to the garage, but the house sustained heavy smoke damage.

A Harley Davidson motorcycle being stored in the garage was also damaged in the fire.

Crews believe an electrical problem sparked the blaze that ignited a plastic shelving unit.

The family has been displaced by the fire and is staying with relatives.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved