ROCKY HILL, CT (WFSB) -
Eyewitness News talked with Internet safety experts on tips for staying safe when posting on a website similar to Craigslist.
Scott Driscoll of Internet Safety Concepts released the following tips:
- If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
- If the item being sold is usually worth a lot of money but you can buy it for pennies, may be stolen or not in the shape described.
- NEVER meet at your home. Meet the buyer/seller at your local police department's parking lot. This will help assure you are meeting a reputable person. If they refuse to meet at the department lot, do not make the transaction.
- Do not meet the person alone.
- Pictures in ads may help but keep in mind they may not be recent or the exact item.
Copyright 2014 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.