PD: Technician inappropriately touched teenager - WFSB 3 Connecticut

PD: Technician inappropriately touched teenager

The following mug shot of Inpanh Thammavongsa was provided by the Monroe Police Department. The following mug shot of Inpanh Thammavongsa was provided by the Monroe Police Department.

An internet technician is accused of inappropriately touching an 18-year-old girl while on a service call in Monroe this past weekend.

The unidentified victim called Charter Communications and stated she was having a problem with her modem on June 19. Charter Communications sent 58-year-old Inpanh Thammavongsa, who was working as a subcontractor for the company, to the teenager's home to repair the problem.

During the appointment, the unidentified victim told police that Thammavongsa, of Meriden, "repeatedly touch her inappropriately."

"He was called to come fix a computer problem. He got in and he offered to give her a massage and started massaging her," Monore Police Lt. Brian McCauley said. 

The victim told police that she left the room and waited until Thammavongsa had completed his repairs before calling police.

"She was afraid. She got out of the room, waited for him to leave," McCauley said.

Police said an adult was home at the time of the incident, but was sleeping. 

Thammavongsa was arrested and charged with fourth-degree sexual assault and disorderly conduct.

Officials with Charter Communications said they are "cooperating fully" with the Monroe Police Department. 

"Charter recognizes that it is a privilege to be allowed into our customer's homes and their safety is of the utmost importance. We require criminal background checks on all in-home contractors prior to performing any work for Charter," the company said in a statement on Thursday. 

Thammavongsa works as a technician for Tri-Wire Service in Newtown. A company that regularly does work for the area's cable provider, Charter Communications. 

After his $5,000 bond was posted, Thammavongsa, who has no previous arrests, was released and is expected to be arraigned at Bridgeport Superior Court on July 29.

Eyewitness News tried him at his home in Meriden, but the station was unable to get a comment.

Copyright 2014 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.