Do you have a tip for other moms out there?
Email us: Mail@BetterCT.com or write on our Facebook Page
SPINACH BASIL PESTO
- 2.5 oz pkg of basil leaves, stems discarded
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 3 oz of baby spinach or about 1 ½ cups
- ½ cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place all ingredients into the food processor with about
half of the olive oil.
- While blending (about 10-15 seconds), drizzle the rest of
the olive oil in until smooth.
- This pesto freezes wonderfully. Place in a freezer safe
container and spoon out as needed. Frozen pesto can be placed directly into
sauces. If you'd like to use the pesto on pasta, pizza or meatballs, place
desired amount of pesto on a microwave safe plate. Defrost in 10 second
increments. (Should take about 30 seconds) Enjoy!