Lawyers for the Madison Board of Education have agreed to settle a lawsuit by a former student who accused officials of allowing several boys to remain at her middle school and traumatize her after they sexually assaulted her.
Attorneys in the case confirmed Tuesday that a settlement was reached in federal court in Hartford last week and awaits approval by the school board. Terms weren't disclosed.
Five boys were convicted in juvenile court of molesting the girl when she was intoxicated at a New Year's Eve party in 2009.
The lawsuit said school officials took no action against the boys after learning of the allegations. The lawsuit said the boys remained at Polson Middle School for weeks after the assault and harassed the girl before being arrested.
School officials denied wrongdoing.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.