The mother of a student in England who died after taking diet pills she bought online has begged other people to not take the drugs.
Eloise Parry, 21, took the tablets, became ill and then went to hospital -- but it was already too late, as highly toxic chemicals believed to be inside the pills had already taken hold.
Police said the tablets were believed to contain dinitrophenol, known as DNP, an industrial chemical.
Eloise's mother, Fiona Parry, said it was "an awful way to die" and people should not take the drug "in any quantity".
Police said Parry took eight of the tablets, but just two tablets was a lethal dose.
Her mother said when Parry was taken to the hospital she was “literally burning from within” and her metabolism ran “at an explosive level.”
She said she cannot stop the drug from being sold, but is warning others.
"I can tell people, this is dangerous stuff. This is not something you should contemplate taking. It's lethal,” Fiona Parry said.
Police are trying to figure out where the pills were bought, to determine whether charges can be filed.
© 2015 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.