Lawyers for former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez have filed motions to dismiss the indictment charging their client with a double slaying in Boston in 2012.
The motion says there was insufficient evidence presented to the grand jury to establish probable cause; the state impaired the integrity of grand jury proceedings; and the court lacks jurisdiction.
Prosecutors say Hernandez killed Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado after a chance encounter at a nightclub. They say after de Abreu accidentally bumped into Hernandez, Hernandez followed the men in a Toyota 4Runner, pulled up to their car and opened fire.
Hernandez is serving a life sentence for the unconnected 2013 killing of Odin Lloyd.
The defense motions were filed last month. A spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney said Monday that prosecutors haven't yet filed their response.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.