Sources: Missing Easton couple's son is a person of interest - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Developing

Sources: Missing Easton couple's son is a person of interest

Posted: Updated:
Investigation of missing Easton couple leads police to Bridgeport home (WFSB) Investigation of missing Easton couple leads police to Bridgeport home (WFSB)
Jeannette and Jeffrey Navin. (Weston police photo) Jeannette and Jeffrey Navin. (Weston police photo)
BRIDGEPORT, CT (WFSB) -

The investigation into the disappearance of an Easton couple led detectives to a home in Bridgeport on Wednesday.

State and Bridgeport police were seen at a home on Aldine Avenue, which police sources told Eyewitness News belongs to the missing couple's son.

Jeff Navin, 56, and 55-year-old Jeanette Navin have not been seen since Aug. 4.

According to a business registry on the state’s Secretary of the State website, it says Kyle Navin lives at 142 Aldine Ave., Bridgeport.

It is unclear at this time what the relationship is between Kyle Navin and the couple.

However, a police source told Eyewitness News that the home belongs to the couple's son.

According to police, Jeannette Navin is a school library aide in Weston. Jeffrey Navin owns J&J Refuse sanitation company in Westport.

Police sources said the couple's son is a person of interest in this case, along with another party. The source also said the couple's son worked for the family garbage business, and had his own garbage route.

"It's very eerie to see it and then know it's so close to home it's very eerie," said Julio Solis, who is a neighbor to the Bridgeport home. "We haven't seen them in a few weeks."  

The couple had only recently moved to Staples Road in Easton.

Last week, Police said they were looking into the couple's phone records and finances. State records showed the Jeffrey Navin has a $2 million debt in connection with a mortgage on a Guilford home. It hasn't been paid in years, according to the records.

The home was foreclosed on in 2007 after the mortgage wasn't paid.

Jeffrey Navin appealed the decision twice but lost, and just weeks ago a judge denied an attempt to reopen the case.

On Wednesday, Connecticut State Police Western District Major Crime Squad took over the investigation.

Copyright 2015 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.