Worker dies after being tangled in wires, shocked at South Winds - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Worker dies after being tangled in wires, shocked at South Windsor arcade

Posted: Updated:
(WFSB photo) (WFSB photo)
SOUTH WINDSOR, CT (WFSB) -

A person tangled in electrical wires and shocked at an arcade in South Windsor has died, according to police.

They said it happened at Nomads Adventure Quest building on Bidwell Road just before 11:40 a.m. on Tuesday.

Police said workers were performing renovation work on a new laser tag facility.

Northern Lights Electric of Bolton was on the job when a worker somehow grabbed onto an electrical wire while removing light fixtures. The worker became entangled and shocked.

The worker fell from a platform, still holding the wire, which police believed to still carry a high voltage.

"The electrician was still in contact with the live wire despite the fact circuit breakers were thrown using an abundance of caution," said South Windsor Police Lt. Scott Custer, adding that utility crews responded immediately to confirm the power was off. 

Employees thought the power had been shut off to the building.

South Windsor Police, South Windsor Fire officials and paramedics began CPR on the electrician. The worker had to be transported to Manchester Memorial Hospital.

Police only identified the victim as a man in his 40s.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration was contacted to assist in the investigation. 

The building was closed at the time of the incident and there were no visitors inside.

Copyright 2015 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.