No one was injured after a cigarette was placed near a window and caused a house fire in Meriden on Tuesday afternoon.
The house fire was reported at 136 Windsor Ave. around 1 p.m.
Authorities said the fire was "minor." No injuries were reported to police.
Residents were expected to return inside the home around 1:30 p.m.
While the cause of the fire is under investigation, authorities said the "careless placement of cigarette" near a window is believed to be the cause of the fire.
Copyright 2015 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.