Once again, a popular New Haven pizza establishment is found at the top of a list of the best pizza around.
According to The Daily Meal, a website that has compiled a list of the top 101 pizzas in the nation, Frank Pepe’s in New Haven topped the list with its white clam pizza, made with clams, grated Parmesan, olive oil, garlic and oregano.
The list drew votes from 46 American chefs, restaurant critics, bloggers, writers and “pizza authorities.”
Many New York restaurants were found on the list of 30, like Brooklyn’s Di Fara which came in second with its classic round pie made with mozzarella, Parmesan, plum tomato sauce, basil, olive oil, sausage, peppers, mushroom, onion.
New Haven’s Modern Apizza and Sally’s Apizza also made the list.
Here is a list of the top 10. To see the full list, click here.
1. Frank Pepe’s white clam pizza, made with clams, grated Parmesan, olive oil, garlic and oregano
2. Di Fara’s classic round pie made with mozzarella, Parmesan, plum tomato sauce, basil, olive oil, sausage, peppers, mushroom, onion.
3. The marinara pizza from Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix.
4. Margherita pizza from Una Pizza Napoletana in San Francisco, Calif.
5. Squash blossoms, tomato and burrata mozzarella pizza from Pizzeria Mozza in Los Angeles, Calif.
6. The Margherita pizza from Roberta’s in Brooklyn.
7. The tomato pie from Sally’s Apizza in New Haven, Conn.
8. The Margherita pizza from Flour + Water in San Francisco, Calif.
9. Brussels sprouts pizza from Motorino in New York City.
10. Margherita pizza from Al Forno in Providence, R.I.
Copyright 2015 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.