Waterford police are investigating a daycare center after Eyewitness News broke a shocking story of a baby that was severely burned there.
The boy was taken to the hospital after being scalded by hot water, and an Eyewitness News investigation discovered another incident where a child was also rushed to the hospital.
Two years ago, another child needed medical attention and the mother is blaming Ballestrini’s Child Care Center.
"I ended up rushing him to the hospital myself. He almost stopped breathing - they had him on an IV and steroids,” said Jeana Marie Brennan, who said someone at the daycare gave her son a peanut butter sandwich, even though he is severely allergic to peanuts.
"They were aware. They had an epi pen on site which they didn’t administer or call 911,” Brennan said, adding that her son even sat in a peanut-free high chair.
Brennan contacted Eyewitness News after seeing a report on Tuesday about 1-year-old Mateo who received second-degree burns after a bottle warmer fell on him.
The boy’s father said he had to tell the daycare center to call 911, because they called him first.
Brennan said the daycare never called 911 for her son.
"We are talking to the family, the daycare provider, and the ambulance company and the dispatcher,” said Waterford Police Lt. Stephen Bellos.
When Eyewitness News searched the daycare’s complaint history, an incident from 2013 was found from the Office of Early Childhood which overseas daycares but said “we can’t give you specifics about the violations,” but Eyewitness News learned Brennan was the one who made the complaint.
Ballestrini’s has declined to comment at this time.
Police said the Department of Children and Families is involved.
Copyright 2015 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.